NBA Finals Preview: Cavs v Warriors Part IV

It’s the NBA Finals match up you knew was coming.

After the Golden State Warriors finished off the Houston Rockets in Game Seven of the Western Conference Finals on Monday, they clinched a date with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals for the fourth straight season.

Cleveland just finished off the Boston Celtics in Game Seven of the Eastern Conference Finals on Sunday.

In the teams’ first three NBA Finals match ups, Golden State walked away with titles in both 2015 and 2017, while F LeBron James led one of the most famous comebacks in sports’ history, becoming the first team to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the title in 2016.

The teams will be mostly healthy heading into the series.

Warriors’ F Andre Iguodala is recovering from a bone bruise while Cavaliers’ F Kevin Love is dealing with concussion-like symptoms.

Overall, it will be on LeBron to carry his team to the NBA title.

No, I don’t think his efforts are anything like some media outlets have made them out to be:

No team, including this year’s Cleveland Cavaliers, can make it to the NBA Finals on the efforts of just one player.

However, it will take a herculean effort for James to defeat the Warriors, led by G Stephen Curry and F Kevin Durant, for a title.

Both teams will receive a short break this week, with the series’ first game not being held until Thursday night at 9:00 p.m. at Oracle Arena in California.

What did you think?

We asked the 789 Media viewers on Twitter who they thought would win the series.

In just under 10 hours of voting, 59% of the voters picked the Golden State Warriors to win the NBA Finals, leaving 41% vying for Cleveland:

789 Prediction

Cale: I’ve got to roll with the Warriors to win their second straight NBA title. The team is just too deep, even with Iguodala not at 100%.

This is also arguably LeBron’s worst team he has taken to the Finals, meaning much more of the load is on his shoulders.

Last year’s match up showed that the Warriors adding Durant in the previous off season took them to a new level, and I expect to see much of the same for this go-around.

GSW wins in five

Advertisements
Cale Ahearn

I am currently a Digital Content Producer at WPMT-FOX43, at least that's my day job. I am a graduate of Shippensburg University that majored in Communications/Journalism. My goal and dream is to cover professional sports for a living. I am a lifelong Philadelphia Sports fan, and am a diehard of the Phillies, Eagles, and Sixers. Ultimately, my goal is to make 789 Media the best it can be, your one-stop-shop for news, music and entertainment news, sports, and anything you could want for your homepage of your web browser to be. I hope you enjoy the content of our site as much as we enjoy creating it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s