What is it?
- The series that determines what team will hoist Lord Stanley’s Cup and be deemed champions of the NHL
Who is Playing?
- The St. Louis Blues will face the Boston Bruins
When is it?
- Game 1 was Monday on Memorial Day, the first game of the series in Boston at TD Garden – The Bruins won 4-2. The second showdown is tonight, May 29th at 8:00pm.
How did these teams get here?
Each round of the NHL playoffs consists of series with a potential for seven games. The first team to win four games in the series advances to the next round. This system is the same for the Finals as well.
Since the Bruins had the better regular season record they will have home ice advantage. Which means if the series goes a full seven games the teams will play four games in Boston and three in St. Louis.
- The Blues defeated the Winnipeg Jets (4-2), Dallas Stars (4-3), San Jose Sharks (4-2)
- The Bruins defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs (4-3), Columbus Blue Jackets (4-2), Carolina Hurricanes (4-0)
Who are the big names?
- Boston – Patrice Bergeron, the Bruins leading scorer (8 goals) and Brad Marchand the teams top assists man (11).
- St. Louis – Jaden Schwartz leads the team in scoring (12 goals) , while Ryan O’Reilly leads the team in assists (11)
- Boston – Goalie Tukka Rask during this postseason has 12 wins, he has a save percentage of .942% as well as 2 shutouts.
- St. Louis – Goalie Jordan Binnington has 12 wins this postseason, he has a save percentage of .914% a to go along with 1 shutout.
- Boston – Defenseman Kevan Miller (Lower Body), Forward Chris Wagner (Right Arm)
- St. Louis – Vince Dunn (Upper Body)
What should we expect?
Viewers should expect a close and good series between these two teams. Statically these two teams matchup very well with one another.
- Bruins score and average of 3.35 goals a game, while giving up about 1.94. The Blues score an average of 3.00 goals a game while giving up 2.53
- Bruins average 33.6 shots on goals while allowing their opponents to take 32.4. The Blues shot an average of 30.9 goals per game while allowing 28.4 per game.
- The Bruins have a shooting percentage of 10% and win 53.3% of their face-offs. The Blues have a shooting percentage of 9.7% and win 49.4% of their face-offs.
What are the odds?
- Caesars Palace has the odds Bruins (-155) and Blues (+135)
*Stats courtesy of ESPN and the NHL*